Kyrenia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyrenia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kyrenia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyrenia
- Comments and insights on the name Kyrenia
I love the meaning of this name, but the name itself reminds me of too many other more common names (Kiara, Karen, Kareen, Karina, etc.), so if you're not from Cyprus and you introduce yourself to others as "Kyrenia" it will sound like you have a "creative" version of the more common names that sound quite the same, like Karen. Of course, if you live in Cyprus, then this wouldn't be something to worry about.
- Personal experiences with the name Kyrenia
- Nicknames for Kyrenia
- Meanings and history of the name Kyrenia
The name "Kyrenia" means "mermaid" and is a Cypriotic name (a name from the country Cyprus)
- Famous real-life people named Kyrenia
- Kyrenia in song, story & screen