Lacy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lacy:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "belonging to Lacy or Lassy." The name, derived from several French place-names, was brought to England by companions of William during the Norman Conquest. Var: Lacey.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lacy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lacy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lacy
- Comments and insights on the name Lacy
Contains the same letters as Clay
- Personal experiences with the name Lacy
Know of twins named Phillip and Lacy.
- Nicknames for Lacy
- Meanings and history of the name Lacy
- Famous real-life people named Lacy
- Lacy in song, story & screen