Laela Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Layla:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byron's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Laela? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Laela
Contribute your knowledge to the name Laela
- Comments and insights on the name Laela
- Personal experiences with the name Laela
- Nicknames for Laela
- Meanings and history of the name Laela
- Famous real-life people named Laela
- Laela in song, story & screen