Lauriane Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Laura:
Derived from the Latin laurus (laurel, an evergreen shrub or tree whose leaves were woven into wreaths by the ancient Greeks to crown victors in various contests). Originally a Latin name, Laura came into use in England in the 19th century, and is now popularly bestowed throughout the English-speaking world.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lauriane? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lauriane
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lauriane
- Comments and insights on the name Lauriane
- Personal experiences with the name Lauriane
- Nicknames for Lauriane
- Meanings and history of the name Lauriane
Lauriane is a French variation of Laura
- Famous real-life people named Lauriane
Lauriane Gilliéron, Miss Switzerland 2005
- Lauriane in song, story & screen