Laylah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Layla:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byron's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Laylah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Laylah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Laylah
- Comments and insights on the name Laylah
- Personal experiences with the name Laylah
- Nicknames for Laylah
- Meanings and history of the name Laylah
- Famous real-life people named Laylah
- Laylah in song, story & screen