Leanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leanna:
Modern name combining the names Lee (dweller by the wood or clearing) and Anna (gracious, full of grace). Alternatively, it is a variant spelling of Lianne (sun).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leanna
- Comments and insights on the name Leanna
- Personal experiences with the name Leanna
- Nicknames for Leanna
- Meanings and history of the name Leanna
Derived from an Irish Gaelic of Helen: (light; beautiful woman); variant of Liana: (youthful; bond); variant of Liyana: (softness; tenderness).
- Famous real-life people named Leanna
- Leanna in song, story & screen