Leela Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leila:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byon's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leela? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leela
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leela
- Comments and insights on the name Leela
- Personal experiences with the name Leela
- Nicknames for Leela
- Meanings and history of the name Leela
Sanskrit Meaning: The name Leela is a Sanskrit baby name. In Sanskrit the meaning of the name Leela is: Play.
It is of Old French origin, and the meaning of Leela is "loyal, faithful". ASSOCIATED WITH faithful (determined)
- Famous real-life people named Leela
- Leela in song, story & screen
Turanga Leela from the TV series Futurama.