Leilah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leila:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byon's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leilah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leilah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leilah
- Comments and insights on the name Leilah
- Personal experiences with the name Leilah
- Nicknames for Leilah
- Meanings and history of the name Leilah
- Famous real-life people named Leilah
Leilah Nadir, an Iraqi Canadian novelist and writer
Leilah Assunção, a Brazilian dramatist, actress and writer
Leilah Sutherland, an actress who played Alicia Spinnet in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Leilah in song, story & screen
Leilah is a character in the webtoon UnOrdinary.