Leilia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leila:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byon's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leilia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leilia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leilia
- Comments and insights on the name Leilia
- Personal experiences with the name Leilia
- Nicknames for Leilia
- Meanings and history of the name Leilia
The Asterocampa Leilia or "Empress Leilia" butterfly is found in the southern United States.
- Famous real-life people named Leilia
- Leilia in song, story & screen