Lelah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lela:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byron's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lelah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lelah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lelah
- Comments and insights on the name Lelah
For me, pronounced "Lee luh"
- Personal experiences with the name Lelah
When I lived in India, it was one of the most common names. Indians told me that the "leelah" is the "cosmic play of the gods".
- Nicknames for Lelah
- Meanings and history of the name Lelah
- Famous real-life people named Lelah
- Lelah in song, story & screen