Lelia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lelia:
Contracted variant of Eulalia, a compound name composed of the Greek elements eu (well, good, fair) and lalein (to talk): hence, "well-spoken."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lelia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lelia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lelia
- Comments and insights on the name Lelia
- Personal experiences with the name Lelia
- Nicknames for Lelia
- Meanings and history of the name Lelia
The modern Italian version of Ancient Roman "Laelia." Laelia is also This is also the name of a type of flower, an orchid found in Mexico and Central America.
- Famous real-life people named Lelia
St. Lelia, an Irish saint also known as saint Liadhain. Her feast day is August 11th.
- Lelia in song, story & screen