Leslye Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leslie:
Transferred use of the Scottish surname taken from Lesslyn, a place-name in Aberdeenshire. The name might be derived from the Gaelic elements lios (enclosure, garden, fort) and chuilinn (a holly tree) or liath (gray): hence, "garden of hollies" or "the gray fort." The name, borne by a well-known Scottish clan, was not in common use as a personal name until late in the 19th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leslye? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leslye
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leslye
- Comments and insights on the name Leslye
Variant spelling of Leslie
- Personal experiences with the name Leslye
- Nicknames for Leslye
- Meanings and history of the name Leslye
- Famous real-life people named Leslye
- Leslye in song, story & screen