Leyah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leah:
Derived from the Hebrew lā'āh (weary, to tire). The name is borne in the Bible by the eldest daughter of Laban and the first of Jacob's four wives.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leyah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leyah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leyah
- Comments and insights on the name Leyah
- Personal experiences with the name Leyah
- Nicknames for Leyah
- Meanings and history of the name Leyah
Biblical name: Hebrew origin, meaning "Gazelle" which is "beauty and grace", "also worthy cow" as in biblical days cows were very valuable and treasured.
- Famous real-life people named Leyah
- Leyah in song, story & screen