Libbi Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Libby:
Pet form of Elizabeth, which is derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Libbi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Libbi
- Comments and insights on the name Libbi
- Personal experiences with the name Libbi
- Nicknames for Libbi
- Meanings and history of the name Libbi
“My God is my vow”, a common nickname for the traditional name Elizabeth.
- Famous real-life people named Libbi
- Libbi in song, story & screen