Liesbeth Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Liesbeth
Contribute your knowledge to the name Liesbeth
- Comments and insights on the name Liesbeth
the H is silent, say it "Lee-s-bet"
- Personal experiences with the name Liesbeth
- Nicknames for Liesbeth
Lies, Bessy, Lis
- Meanings and history of the name Liesbeth
Dutch, Hebrew, Greek
- Famous real-life people named Liesbeth
- Liesbeth in song, story & screen