Linsey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lindsey:
Taken from the old English surname Lindesie (from Lindsey), which is derived from a place-name composed of the Old English elements lind (the linden tree) and ey (wetland). Var: Lynsey. Short: Lindie, Lindy, Linni, Linnie, Linny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Linsey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Linsey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Linsey
- Comments and insights on the name Linsey
- Personal experiences with the name Linsey
- Nicknames for Linsey
- Meanings and history of the name Linsey
- Famous real-life people named Linsey
- Linsey in song, story & screen