Lisabeth Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lisabeth? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lisabeth
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lisabeth
- Comments and insights on the name Lisabeth
- Personal experiences with the name Lisabeth
- Nicknames for Lisabeth
- Meanings and history of the name Lisabeth
- Famous real-life people named Lisabeth
- Lisabeth in song, story & screen
Lisabeth Salander is the main character in the Millenium series of books that begins with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.