Lisbet Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lisbet? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lisbet
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lisbet
- Comments and insights on the name Lisbet
The Scandinavian form of "Lisbeth", a nickname or variation on "Elisabeth".
- Personal experiences with the name Lisbet
- Nicknames for Lisbet
- Meanings and history of the name Lisbet
"Promised by God".
- Famous real-life people named Lisbet
Lisbet Palme, former chairman of UNICEF
Lisbet Rugtvedt, Norwegian politician
- Lisbet in song, story & screen