Lissy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lissy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lissy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lissy
- Comments and insights on the name Lissy
- Personal experiences with the name Lissy
- Nicknames for Lissy
- Meanings and history of the name Lissy
- Famous real-life people named Lissy
Lissy "LissySandwich" Peebee - Youtuber
- Lissy in song, story & screen
"Lissy Doll" in the family movie Matilda.
Children's book "Lissy's Friends" by Grace Lin.