Lizette Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lizette:
Pet form of Elizabeth, which is derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lizette? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lizette
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lizette
- Comments and insights on the name Lizette
- Personal experiences with the name Lizette
My sister's middle name is Lizette and she goes by this because most people can't pronounce her first name (Ariadne)
- Nicknames for Lizette
zette , zettie
- Meanings and history of the name Lizette
- Famous real-life people named Lizette
- Lizette in song, story & screen
Lizette Teagus in the novel Christy by Catherine Marshall