Loida Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lois:
A borrowing of the Ecclesiastic Greek Lois, a name of uncertain meaning. It is borne in the Bible by the grandmother of Timothy, a companion of St. Paul. Its use in England began in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Loida? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Loida
Contribute your knowledge to the name Loida
- Comments and insights on the name Loida
Spanish form of Lois
- Personal experiences with the name Loida
- Nicknames for Loida
- Meanings and history of the name Loida
- Famous real-life people named Loida
- Loida in song, story & screen