Loralye Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lorelei:
Derived from Lurlei, the name of the rock "ambush cliff," which is derived from the Middle High German luren (to watch) and lei (a cliff, a rock). The name was altered to Lorelei by Clemens Brentano, a German poet. In Germanic legend, Lorelei was a beautiful siren who sat upon a rock in the Rhine River and lured sailors to shipwreck and death.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Loralye? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Loralye
Contribute your knowledge to the name Loralye
- Comments and insights on the name Loralye
A variant spelling of Lorelei
- Personal experiences with the name Loralye
- Nicknames for Loralye
- Meanings and history of the name Loralye
- Famous real-life people named Loralye
- Loralye in song, story & screen