Loranda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Laura:
Derived from the Latin laurus (laurel, an evergreen shrub or tree whose leaves were woven into wreaths by the ancient Greeks to crown victors in various contests). Originally a Latin name, Laura came into use in England in the 19th century, and is now popularly bestowed throughout the English-speaking world.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Loranda? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Loranda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Loranda
- Comments and insights on the name Loranda
a combination of Laura and Amanda
- Personal experiences with the name Loranda
- Nicknames for Loranda
- Meanings and history of the name Loranda
- Famous real-life people named Loranda
- Loranda in song, story & screen