Loucia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucia:
Feminine form of Lucius, which is derived from the Latin lux (light). The name was borne by St. Lucia of Syracuse, a 4th-century martyr whose popularity during the Middle Ages led to widespread use of the name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Loucia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Loucia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Loucia
- Comments and insights on the name Loucia
- Personal experiences with the name Loucia
My daughter's name is Loucia. I find people pronounce it right more often than they do "Lucia"
- Nicknames for Loucia
- Meanings and history of the name Loucia
- Famous real-life people named Loucia
- Loucia in song, story & screen