Louressa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Larissa:
Borrowed from the Russian, Larisa is a name of uncertain derivation. Some believe it to be derived from the name of an ancient city of Thessaly; others feel it may be derived from the Latin hilaris (cheerful).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Louressa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Louressa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Louressa
- Comments and insights on the name Louressa
Similar to the more popular "Larisa"
- Personal experiences with the name Louressa
My daughter Louressa (born 1994) is named after my great-grandmother Louressa (born in 1868).
- Nicknames for Louressa
Lou, Ress, Lucy
- Meanings and history of the name Louressa
- Famous real-life people named Louressa
- Louressa in song, story & screen