Loviisa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Louisa:
Feminine form of Louis (famous in war), which is from the Germanic Hluodowig, a compound name composed from the elements hluod (famous) and wīg (war, strife).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Loviisa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Loviisa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Loviisa
- Comments and insights on the name Loviisa
This name is graceful and sweet, I love it a lot!
- Personal experiences with the name Loviisa
- Nicknames for Loviisa
- Meanings and history of the name Loviisa
It's Swedish and Finnish, a form of Louis.
Loviisa is a little town in Finland.
A Finnish spelling of Lovisa
- Famous real-life people named Loviisa
- Loviisa in song, story & screen