Loys Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lois:
A borrowing of the Ecclesiastic Greek Lois, a name of uncertain meaning. It is borne in the Bible by the grandmother of Timothy, a companion of St. Paul. Its use in England began in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Loys? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Loys
Contribute your knowledge to the name Loys
- Comments and insights on the name Loys
- Personal experiences with the name Loys
- Nicknames for Loys
- Meanings and history of the name Loys
- Famous real-life people named Loys
- Loys in song, story & screen