Luba Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Luba? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Luba
Contribute your knowledge to the name Luba
- Comments and insights on the name Luba
Luba is a feminine, unique name.
Pron. "lou-buh" or "lyou-bah", depending on the language you take it from. In Bulgarian, it's the 2nd pron. and would likely be spelled Lyuba in English ("lyubov" means in love in several Slavic languages.
- Personal experiences with the name Luba
- Nicknames for Luba
- Meanings and history of the name Luba
Luba is of Ukrainian origin and means "Love," (lubov).
- Famous real-life people named Luba
Luba (born Luba Kowalchyk), Canadian singer
Luba Goy, Canadian actress and comedienne
- Luba in song, story & screen
Luba, major character in the Palomar series of Graphic Novels by Gilbert Hernandez