Luce Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucy:
English cognate of Lucia, which is derived from the Latin lux (light). Lucy is also used as a pet form of Lucinda.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Luce? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Luce
Contribute your knowledge to the name Luce
- Comments and insights on the name Luce
common in french and in catalan
- Personal experiences with the name Luce
My friend oldest daughter is called Luce Geneviève.
- Nicknames for Luce
- Meanings and history of the name Luce
French, Italian and Spanish form of Lucia.
Italian word meaning "light."
Pronounced: LOO-che (Italian) loo-SAY (Spanish) LOOS (French)
- Famous real-life people named Luce
Luce Irigaray, Belgian feminist writer and psychoanalyst
Lucé Vela, First Lady of Puerto Rico.
- Luce in song, story & screen