Lucija Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucia:
Feminine form of Lucius, which is derived from the Latin lux (light). The name was borne by St. Lucia of Syracuse, a 4th-century martyr whose popularity during the Middle Ages led to widespread use of the name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lucija? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lucija
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lucija
- Comments and insights on the name Lucija
- Personal experiences with the name Lucija
- Nicknames for Lucija
- Meanings and history of the name Lucija
form of Lucia/Lucy used in Croatian and Slovene
- Famous real-life people named Lucija
- Lucija in song, story & screen