Lundy Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lundy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lundy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lundy
- Comments and insights on the name Lundy
- Personal experiences with the name Lundy
My aunt's name was Lundy Ann, and my first name is Lundy.
Lundy was my mother-in-law's maiden name, and we gave it to our son as a middle name. We've only had positive comments on it, and our son loves his name.
- Nicknames for Lundy
- Meanings and history of the name Lundy
Lundy \l(u)-ndy, lun-dy\ (Boy or Girl's name)
First name origins & meanings:
1. Scandinavian: By the island
2. Scottish: Child born on Monday
First name variations: Lundrea, Lundee, Lundi
Last name origins & meanings:
1. Scottish and northern Irish: habitational name from any of several places called Lundie, for example one near Doune in Perthshire.
2. Irish: according to MacLysaght, from Norman de la Lounde, a name recorded in medieval documents in counties Tipperary and Kilkenny.
- Famous real-life people named Lundy
- Lundy in song, story & screen