Lusia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucia:
Feminine form of Lucius, which is derived from the Latin lux (light). The name was borne by St. Lucia of Syracuse, a 4th-century martyr whose popularity during the Middle Ages led to widespread use of the name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lusia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lusia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lusia
- Comments and insights on the name Lusia
I love the name Lucy but it's way too popular. Lucia can be pronounced as Lu sha which isn't as original as LusiA
- Personal experiences with the name Lusia
- Nicknames for Lusia
- Meanings and history of the name Lusia
- Famous real-life people named Lusia
- Lusia in song, story & screen