Luz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Luz:
Derived from the Spanish luz (light). The name is bestowed in reference to the Virgin Mary, "Nuestra Señora de la Luz" (Our Lady of Light).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Luz? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Luz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Luz
- Comments and insights on the name Luz
- Personal experiences with the name Luz
- Nicknames for Luz
Lucero, Lucha, Lucila, Lucina, Lucy, Lulu, Lui
- Meanings and history of the name Luz
Literal meaning is "light".
- Famous real-life people named Luz
Luz Elena Gonzalez, actress
Luz Maria Aguilar, actress
- Luz in song, story & screen