Lydie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lydia:
Of Greek origin, Lydia (woman from Lydia, an ancient kingdom in western Asia Minor) is common throughout the English-speaking world.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lydie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lydie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lydie
- Comments and insights on the name Lydie
Pronounced either "lid-ee" "lee-dee" or "lie-dee"
- Personal experiences with the name Lydie
- Nicknames for Lydie
- Meanings and history of the name Lydie
The French version of "Lydia," from the Greek place-name.
- Famous real-life people named Lydie
Lydie Denier - French Actress
Lydie Err - Luxembourgian Politician
Lydie Marland - American Socialite
Lydie Polfer - Luxembourgian Politician
Lydie Salvayre - French Writer
Lydie Schmit - Luxembourgian Politician
- Lydie in song, story & screen