Lyndsie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lindsay:
Taken from the old Scottish surname de Lindsay, meaning "from Lindsay," a part of the county of Lincolnshire in northeastern England. Lindsay is derived from Lincoln, a shortened form of Lindum Colonia, the first part of which is thought to be from the Welsh llyn (lake) and the second of which is from the Latin colonia (colony, settlement).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lyndsie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lyndsie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lyndsie
- Comments and insights on the name Lyndsie
- Personal experiences with the name Lyndsie
- Nicknames for Lyndsie
- Meanings and history of the name Lyndsie
Lyndsie is a spelling variant of Lindsay/Lindsey.
- Famous real-life people named Lyndsie
- Lyndsie in song, story & screen