Lynlea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lynn:
Transferred use of a British place-name which is derived from the Welsh llyn (lake). It is also thought to have originated as a short form of Lynnette, a name of several derivations, or of Linda (beautiful, tender). Alternatively, Lynn is a short form of the various names containing the element lyn(n) or line.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lynlea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lynlea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lynlea
- Comments and insights on the name Lynlea
- Personal experiences with the name Lynlea
- Nicknames for Lynlea
- Meanings and history of the name Lynlea
A contemporary combination of the popular 'ley/lea/lee' suffix of the 1980s with the prefix 'lyn', as in the first name 'Lynne'.
- Famous real-life people named Lynlea
- Lynlea in song, story & screen