Lynsy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lindsay:
Taken from the old Scottish surname de Lindsay, meaning "from Lindsay," a part of the county of Lincolnshire in northeastern England. Lindsay is derived from Lincoln, a shortened form of Lindum Colonia, the first part of which is thought to be from the Welsh llyn (lake) and the second of which is from the Latin colonia (colony, settlement).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lynsy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lynsy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lynsy
- Comments and insights on the name Lynsy
One of the longer names i've heard of without vowels.
- Personal experiences with the name Lynsy
This was one of my friends names from school.
- Nicknames for Lynsy
- Meanings and history of the name Lynsy
- Famous real-life people named Lynsy
- Lynsy in song, story & screen