Lyza Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lyza? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lyza
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lyza
- Comments and insights on the name Lyza
- Personal experiences with the name Lyza
Daughter named Elizabeth Anne but known as Lisa changed name to Lyza to avoid having people call her Lisa. When the state of Oregon refused to let her use the nickname on her driver's license, she had it officially changed to Lyza Danger Gardner
- Nicknames for Lyza
- Meanings and history of the name Lyza
Variant of Liza, from Elizabeth
- Famous real-life people named Lyza
- Lyza in song, story & screen