Maartje Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Martina:
Feminine form of Martin, from the Latin name Martīnus, which is derived from Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. Martina, a common name throughout Europe, received a boost in popularity through the fame of tennis star Martina Navratilova (b. 1956).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maartje? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maartje
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maartje
- Comments and insights on the name Maartje
Dutch feminine form of Martin (as in Martina)
- Personal experiences with the name Maartje
- Nicknames for Maartje
- Meanings and history of the name Maartje
- Famous real-life people named Maartje
Maartje Verhoef - fashion model
- Maartje in song, story & screen