Madelein Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Madeleine:
French cognate of Magdalene (of Magdala, a town on the coast of the Sea of Galilee). Var: Madeline, Madelyn. Pet: Maddi, Maddie, Maddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Madelein? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Madelein
Contribute your knowledge to the name Madelein
- Comments and insights on the name Madelein
A variant spelling of Madeleine
- Personal experiences with the name Madelein
- Nicknames for Madelein
- Meanings and history of the name Madelein
- Famous real-life people named Madelein
- Madelein in song, story & screen