Maevyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maeve:
Anglicized form of Meadhbh, a name of uncertain meaning.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maevyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maevyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maevyn
- Comments and insights on the name Maevyn
- Personal experiences with the name Maevyn
- Nicknames for Maevyn
Maev, Maeve, Maevy, Mae, Vynni, MaeMae
- Meanings and history of the name Maevyn
The origin of the name Maeve is Irish. Translated from the Gaelic, Maeve means "she who intoxicates."In Irish legend Maeve was the name of a warrior queen of Connacht (the western province of Ireland) who organized the death of the hero Cúchulainn.
Also Maven: (Hebrew) One who understands.
- Famous real-life people named Maevyn
Tracy Morgan's daughter, Maven
- Maevyn in song, story & screen