Magdolna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Magdalena:
Latinate cognate of Magdalene (of Magdala, a town on the coast of the Sea of Galilee).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Magdolna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Magdolna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Magdolna
- Comments and insights on the name Magdolna
This is a Hungarian name, pronounced "MUG-dole-nuh." The short version is Magdi ("MUG-dee").
- Personal experiences with the name Magdolna
We call my mother-in-law Magdi. She is named after her mother, who is also Magdolna. I think it's pretty, but most Americans will have a hard time with it!
- Nicknames for Magdolna
- Meanings and history of the name Magdolna
- Famous real-life people named Magdolna
- Magdolna in song, story & screen