Makenzie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mackenzie:
Transferred use of the Irish surname which is from the Gaelic Mac Coinnigh (son of Coinneach). Coinneach is derived from cainneach (fair one; handsome).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Makenzie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Makenzie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Makenzie
- Comments and insights on the name Makenzie
- Personal experiences with the name Makenzie
- Nicknames for Makenzie
- Meanings and history of the name Makenzie
- Famous real-life people named Makenzie
- Makenzie in song, story & screen