Malisa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melissa:
Derived from the Greek melissa (a bee). The 16th century Italian poet Ariosto used the name for the good fairy who protected Bradamante and helped Ruggero escape from Atlante upon the hippogriff in the poem Orlando Furioso.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Malisa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Malisa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Malisa
- Comments and insights on the name Malisa
Malisa and Salima are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Malisa
My cousin's name
- Nicknames for Malisa
- Meanings and history of the name Malisa
- Famous real-life people named Malisa
- Malisa in song, story & screen