Malissa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melissa:
Derived from the Greek melissa (a bee). The 16th century Italian poet Ariosto used the name for the good fairy who protected Bradamante and helped Ruggero escape from Atlante upon the hippogriff in the poem Orlando Furioso.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Malissa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Malissa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Malissa
- Comments and insights on the name Malissa
- Personal experiences with the name Malissa
- Nicknames for Malissa
- Meanings and history of the name Malissa
- Famous real-life people named Malissa
- Malissa in song, story & screen