Manon Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Manon? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Manon
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2014
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium, 2008
- French Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in France, 2010
- Swiss Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Switzerland (French), 2010
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2012
- French Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in France 2012
- French Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in France
Contribute your knowledge to the name Manon
- Comments and insights on the name Manon
Manon is a French form of Madeline and a nickname for Marie. Manon is also a Welsh language girl's name (rather more popular in North Wales than in South Wales) meaning "wished-for child."
Manon is currently a Top Ten name for girls in France and Belgium.
- Personal experiences with the name Manon
- Nicknames for Manon
Non, Nonny, Noni, Nonbon
- Meanings and history of the name Manon
- Famous real-life people named Manon
Manon Rhéaume, Canadian goaltender and Olympic silver medalist who was the first and only woman to ever play in an NHL exhibition game
Manon Lewis, daughter of British actors Damian Lewis and wife Helen McCrory
- Manon in song, story & screen
Manon by Jules Massenet
Manon Lescaut by Giacomo Puccini
Manon de Florette appears as a supporting character in Marcel Pagnol's novel "Jean de Florette," and is the protagonist of the sequel, "Manon des Sources" ("Manon of the Springs"). Both novels were later made into films in the 1950s and again in the 1980s.
Manon Blackbeak from the Throne of Glass series.