Manya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maria:
Latin form of Mary, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām, a name of debated meaning. Many believe it to mean "sea of bitterness" or "sea of sorrow." However, some sources cite the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea." The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of Jesus, the son of God.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Manya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Manya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Manya
- Comments and insights on the name Manya
- Personal experiences with the name Manya
- Nicknames for Manya
- Meanings and history of the name Manya
A Russian nickname for Maria.
- Famous real-life people named Manya
- Manya in song, story & screen