Marah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mara:
Derived from the Hebrew marah (bitterness). The name is borne in the Bible by Naomi after the deaths of her husband and sons.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marah
- Comments and insights on the name Marah
Pronounced (m-ae-rah) or (m-ah-ruh) It is a spelling variation of the name Mara and is sometimes a nickname of Tamara.
- Personal experiences with the name Marah
- Nicknames for Marah
- Meanings and history of the name Marah
Marah comes from Hebrew origin and means, "bitter"
- Famous real-life people named Marah
- Marah in song, story & screen