Marcail Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Margaret:
From the Greek Margarītēs, which is derived from maragon (a pearl).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marcail? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marcail
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marcail
- Comments and insights on the name Marcail
The C is hard - marKALE
- Personal experiences with the name Marcail
- Nicknames for Marcail
Marcie (pronounced Markie)
Before my daughter could say her name properly she called herself 'Cale'. It was pretty cute.
- Meanings and history of the name Marcail
Scottish - variation of Margaret. Meaning: Pearl
- Famous real-life people named Marcail
- Marcail in song, story & screen
Marcail is the name of the youngest daughter in Lori Wick's fiction series, The Californians. She is the lead character in the fourth book, "Donovan's Daughter."