Mariana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariana:
Feminine form of Marian, which is from the Latin Marianus (of Marius), a name derived from Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. As a result of similarity of form, the name became associated with Maria, the name of the Blessed Virgin, and was often bestowed in her honor.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mariana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mariana
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2014
- Chilean Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Chile 2010
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2012
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal
- Colombian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Colombia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mariana
- Comments and insights on the name Mariana
- Personal experiences with the name Mariana
- Nicknames for Mariana
Mari, Ana, Mah, Mia, Nana, Nani, Marian nicknamed hurts me bad,
- Meanings and history of the name Mariana
Mariana is written in invizibile ink on the bed sheet. It's from the zodiac ram and it looks like the psychiatrist's/doctor's writing. It's a serpent line has no letters.
- Famous real-life people named Mariana
Mariana Levy (1966-2005), Mexican actress.
Mariana Rios, Brazilian actress and singer.
Mariana Rossi (b. 1979) Argentine field hockey player, Olympic bronze medalist
Mariana Ximenes, Brazilian actress.
Mariana Oliveira Morales (b. 2010), daughter of American actor Esai Morales
- Mariana in song, story & screen
Marianas Trench, band
Marianas Trench, song by metalcore band August Burns Red
"Open up your gate, Marianna" is the refrain of Dave Carter's song "Mother, I Climbed" (about a search for faith)
Mariana Garcia, a character in Telltale's "The Walking Dead: A New Froniter"